Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pet Epilogue....or the fun continues!

O.K. This IS fun. Now I get to bathe TWO cats, since I discovered Squeaker has a bit of ringworm too. Oh well, at least I caught hers early. She was actually rather good during her bath and didn't even mind when I inspected her all over. She is usually a spitfire, so this was unusual behavior. She likes being a patient I guess.

Arlo on the other hand, is NOT a good patient. I've turned Anya's room into his hospital and he's been hiding under the sheets (which is actually a good thing, since it makes it easier to capture him). (Don't worry, Anya, I removed your bedding and replaced it with pet bedding!). Getting two doses of liquid medicine down him twice a day is rapidly becoming an ordeal. I may need to invest in bandaids! I try to go in to visit him a few times a day without doing anything to him so he won't hate me. Sure hope I can keep this up for the next 3 weeks without having permanent scars !

As soon as I finish varnishing the new door we are working on for our bedroom (the workroom is Josh's room), I'm going to clear out Josh's room for Arlo since there are fewer places for him to hide! Just a couple more coats of varnish and we will have a lovely new door!

1 comment:

CB said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Hope the kitties get well soon. Take care - Cindy