Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year ! ! !

George and I went to a lovely dinner party at our friends' house who raise Main Coon cats, the Ruffs. The Evans were also there who raise Maine Coons too, plus alpacas. The food and wine and company were wonderful. We stayed overnight. Every time we opened our bedroom door 4 - 7 cats were waiting to try to pour into our room! Once in, they would play hide and seek as we tried to round them up to evict them!
Once we got home in the morning we drove to Conneaut to see my parents and visit with Bruce, Susan and Gavin. Anya brought Steven and her friend Silvia. The roads weren't very good on the way there and they were HORRIBLE on the way back. My oldest son, Adam, had driven his girlfriend to the Pittsburgh airport in George's car and encountered some really nasty weather trying to make it back to Conneaut. He finally made it safely and we all decided that we needed to head back home shortly after 4:00. I figured Adam had probably had his fill of driving in the blizzard so I drove the van back (filled with all the kids) and George drove his car home. My brother and his family followed us in their car (they live in Chardon) as we crept home on Route 90 at about an average of 35 mph all the way home. We counted 12 cars spun out just on Route 90. In Chardon it was snowing so hard I could barely see! I was remarkably calm. We made it home safely but it took more than an hour longer than usual. We dropped Steven off in Newbury. He'll have to pick up his car later. We are keeping Silvia overnight since the roads are so bad. The kids complimented me on my driving (cool, calm and competent!). Wonders never cease!

Make it a good YEAR!

2 comments:

Bruce Bennett said...

Twenty six inches of snow fell on Chardon that night!!

CB said...

Wow! We still haven't seen any sort of precipitation here in Qatar. Don't know that I want 26 inches of snow, but a little rain might be good. Glad everyone made it through the blizzard OK - Happy New Year!
Cindy