Sunday, January 11, 2009

Socks!











Finished my first pair of colorful socks! (Can't say they are the first socks I've ever made since I made 3 socks when I was a junior in high school - I still have one - the other 2 I gave to my boyfriend at the time, Jerry Benson! I ran out of steam I guess and never finished the 4th sock.) These took some figuring out, but I finally got the hang of it and finished this pair today and started on my next! I love the self-striping wool!

I also finished a project that I've been working on for 15+ years! ! ! And the hilarious thing is - I really don't like it now that I'm done! It looks great on the hanger - but not on me. However, since part of it is a crazy quilt (the rest is knit) I've entered it in a quilt show at Lake Farm Park which begins in February. I'll post a picture of it once I get the buttons on and press it for display. Maybe I should just frame it afterward!!!

We have 9-12 inches of snow and its still snowing. We hibernated yesterday, but had a nice day with just the 2 of us. Watched the movie "Juno" last night. I'd recommend it. We had bluebirds at our suet feeder yesterday.

Walked the dogs and cleaned house today since George had to be gone all afternoon for a Phoenix Univ. meeting. I go back to teaching next week.

1 comment:

CB said...

Hi! Wow - snow! What's that? No worries the apple butter made it here. Haven't cracked into it yet - will do it soon!