Saturday, December 1, 2007

Free rice and Yoga

I was listening to npr on my way to visiting hours at a funeral home when I heard about this new website a guy set up to do something about world hunger and to also help improve your vocabulary (his son was struggling with this). He decided to make a game - for every word you correctly define you donate 20 grains of rice (actually the money equivalent) - and he got big name companies to advertise on the site to supply the money to donate. The site can be found @ freerice.com Check it out! It's fun!

George bought me a yoga "kit" from Borders last Christmas, which I have enjoyed and I have purchased more demanding dvds as well. It REALLY does help you feel better and make you more flexible. I gently and gradually persuaded my husband to try it! He felt better too after trying it out. I hope I didn't scare him off yesterday, as I introduced him to a more rigorous dvd! So far so good!

No comments: