Friday, December 28, 2007

Post Christmas

It was a lovely Christmas. I posted the latest pictures of everyone below. All 3 kids are currently home and it was nice to witness them all interacting and sharing conversation last night.

I'm a bit bummed right now since my paycheck doesn't reflect the overload payment I was verbally lead to believe and trusted that I would receive at the end of the fall semester. Now I shall have to write an email to the chair of the dept. and the dean requesting that they state in writing that I will be paid for the fall and spring overloads, how much they will pay me and when, or I will NOT teach the scheduled Spring semester overload lab section. I really hate being put in this position. Once I solved their problem due to their lack of adequate planning they dropped the ball. A real morale booster, that's for sure! Gee, I just can't wait to go back to work!

3 comments:

Kate said...

that sucks! Always get it in writing what you'll be paid. Been there done that with scrapping never again...

CB said...

Been there, done that too. Once got a raise 5 months after it was promised, and only after I sent a business like, yet rather nasty, e-mail to an always absent boss. Hope they go back and make the Fall semester right for you.

Willa said...

Thanks Kathleen and Cindy for your comments! I wrote an email to my boss and the dean requesting a written statement of what and when I would be paid. They both apologized and I was told I would be paid at the end of May! I still don't know how much, so they must produce a statement! I'm most upset I think about the nonchalant, unprofessional way this was handled. I've learned not to "trust" they will do the right thing. From now on I will be blunt and request everything in writing upfront for all the "extras" they request of me! That will go a long way to reducing stress and frustration!