Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nasty White Stuff!



The only negative thing about snow is driving in it....and it's cold....and it lasts for far to many months! Yikes! We have had snow all week and this is occurring before Thanksgiving! I didn't enjoy brushing off my car to drive home from work today and the ride home was a bit harrowing as the semi-truck in front of me kept sliding sideways when it tried to stop. The several cars off the road along the way home were rather unnerving too.

Everything else I have to say is positive. I'm so thankful that we have jobs and aren't in any danger of losing them with all the financial fiascoes occurring daily. I'm also thrilled that today was my last day of teaching for the year. Hurrah! I have only one more folder to finish grading and I AM DONE TEACHING FOR THE YEAR!!!!! Of course, I'll need to go to work to prepare for the next onslaught in January, but it is much more flexible and I can even work at home. I'm looking forward to welcoming Chris, George's sister, and Anya and Adam and Vanessa next week for Thanksgiving. I'm also happy with myself for exercising regularly this past 2 weeks at the gym at school with my work friends and with George doing yoga almost every day. I'm also looking forward to visiting George's other sisters in New York this Saturday. We (Sue, Gayle, George and I) are all going to visit, Peggy (George's sister who is profoundly handicapped at the 18 month level and is unable to speak or walk due to a bad reaction to the small pox vaccine when she was a baby) and then we will all visit one of our favorite wineries in the area. Hopefully the snow will let up by then. I've got all their Christmas presents ready and wrapped to give so we won't have to mail them.

All the pets have moved back in the house for the winter and each has their favorite spot to snooze. There are usually 2 dogs, 2 people and 3 cats distributed around the living room in the evening.

Make it a good day!

No comments: