Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sewing and gardening











Finished a cute fleece jacket for part of Jill's Christmas present. I was pleased with how it turned out! It's a "swing" jacket with a pleat down the back and a seam down the middle of the top of the sleeve. It wasn't meant to be a fleece pattern, but I adapted it. I had a good time searching through my button collection to find the right buttons. It's good to refresh your memory on what you have in your "stash". I have lots of interesting buttons. I made George make the ultimate decision from about 5 different possible sets. I may make a few more of these jackets. There is a cropped version of this jacket with 1/2 length sleeves.

I bought a nifty vintage Vogue pattern for a jacket that looks like a cape but it has sleeves, so I need to try that one out too. I may make it in this interesting "fur" that I found in the discounted fabric bins. I wasn't sure what I wanted to make out of it, but I couldn't pass it up. I just hope 2 yards will be enough to make something....

The weather turned gorgeous this weekend after last week's dismal, cold and snowy weather. Cleaned out all the front garden beds, except for the leaves which are still falling. Started on the back yard, but actually got too warm!

George insulated about half of the upper attic yesterday. We also went out to dinner with Evan, Josh, mom, dad, Bruce and Susan in honor of Evan's birthday which is 11/03. He's 23! We went to River Walk in time for the live music. Josh is going to Las Vegas again on 11/11 with his friend Andy.

No comments: